BARCELONA—VMware Explore 2022 Europe—Today at VMware Explore 2022 Europe, VMware, Inc. (NYSE: VMW) announced innovations, new offerings, new services and expanded partnerships that enable customers to optimize further their transition to multicloud.
“VMware and its partners continue to deliver innovative new offerings to help customers take advantage of an intelligent cloud approach,” said Raghu Raghuram, CEO of VMware. “Customers recognize that a multi-cloud environment gives them a choice of clouds (sovereign and global) in which to run their applications. VMware is there every step of the way to help customers turn multi-cloud complexity into competitive advantage.
Raghuram added, “Digital transformation is a priority for businesses as they aim to accelerate their pace of innovation. We understand the challenges they face in terms of cost, cybersecurity and energy consumption. We are uniquely positioned to help them meet these challenges through innovation and expanded partnerships.
As enterprises have embraced multi-cloud, they have encountered a surge in complexity, security issues, and skill shortages.(1) Despite the challenges, enterprises have accelerated the use of the multi-cloud.(2) Together with its ecosystem partners, VMware helps organizations successfully adopt a “Cloud Smart” approach, with flexibility and choice across multiple clouds. Cloud-smart organizations have benefited from their multi-cloud operations noting their increased competitiveness and best-in-class results. For example, according to research conducted by Vanson Bourne and commissioned by VMware, 97% of intelligent cloud organizations surveyed say their multi-cloud approach has improved their revenue growth, and 96% say it has improved their profitability. (3) These learnings underscore the impact of VMware Cross-Cloud Services, which provide customers with the benefits of an intelligent cloud approach by helping them choose the right cloud for the right application.
Accelerate cloud transformation and extend to the edge
Today at VMware Explore Europe, VMware announced offerings to help customers better run, scale and secure enterprise workloads across private and public clouds and at the edge. Highlights include:
- With 25 partners worldwide, VMware Sovereign Cloud now offers VMware Tanzu on Sovereign Cloud, VMware Aria Operations Compliance Pack for Sovereign Clouds, and new open ecosystem solutions. These innovations will enable partners to deliver services equivalent to those found in public clouds, while ensuring that data is protected, compliant, and resident in national territories.
- VMware’s next-generation SD-WAN solution, featuring a new SD-WAN client, will help enterprises more securely, reliably, and optimally deliver applications, data, and services anywhere, on site, branch and home, across any network to any device.
- The new VMware Carbon Black XDR will advance lateral security by extending network visibility and detection from VMware to VMware Carbon Black Enterprise EDR, dramatically improving threat detection and prevention across endpoints and networks.
- The new VMware HCX+ and enhancements to the VMware NSX ALB PULSE cloud service will help enterprises embrace the cloud operating model.
Build and operate a cloud-native platform
VMware announces advancements for its VMware Tanzu cloud-native application portfolio and its VMware Aria cloud management platform. They combine to deliver a cloud-smart approach to cloud-native application development, delivery, and management that supports customers every step of the way, on any Kubernetes, on any cloud. Highlights include:
- The beta launch of VMware Image Builder, which automates the creation of software artifacts that are secure, reliable, and continuously maintained according to corporate compliance standards.
- Availability of a new free offer of VMware Aria Hub powered by VMware Aria Graph.
Empowering the Hybrid Workforce
IT teams continue to face challenges in today’s hybrid work environment as employees use more devices, access more apps across more clouds, and work from more locations than never. Today, VMware is announcing new features on its Anywhere Workspace platform to help further ease this management burden for IT teams and improve their productivity through automation. Updates include:
- VMware is expanding the coverage of its DEX solution to support digital employee experience management (DEEM) for third-party managed Windows devices.
- Extending Workspace ONE Freestyle Orchestrator to enable automation beyond device-based task-specific workflows within Workspace ONE to contextual ticket workflows that span third-party IT systems.
- Horizon Cloud on Microsoft Azure has obtained Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) elevated authorization through the Joint Authorization Board (JAB) and has received its Authorization to Operate (ATO) in civilian agencies .
VMware Cross-Cloud™ Services Help Customers Navigate the Multi-Cloud Era
At VMware Explore Europe, VMware is unveiling enhanced offerings for VMware Cross-Cloud Services to help customers navigate the multi-cloud era, from cloud chaos to intelligent cloud. VMware Cross-Cloud Services is a portfolio of cloud services that provide a unified, simplified way to build, operate, access, and secure any application on any cloud from any device. VMware Cross-Cloud Service pillars include 1) Application Platform, 2) Cloud Management, 3) Cloud and Edge Infrastructure, 4) Security and Networking, and 5) Space work Anywhere. For the latest news and more on how VMware is delivering a faster, smarter path to the cloud for digital businesses, check out the VMware Explore 2022 Europe Media Kit.
About VMware Explorer
VMware Explore is an evolution of the company’s flagship conference, VMworld. VMware Explore aims to be the premier industry event for all things multicloud. This year, it will feature industry-led technical and solutions sessions, a large ecosystem of 90% of the top cloud partners, a thriving multi-cloud ISV marketplace, and multiple networking events. To learn more about VMware Explore, visit: www.vmware.com/explore.html.
VMware is a leading provider of multicloud services for all applications, enabling digital innovation with business control. As the trusted foundation for accelerating innovation, VMware software gives businesses the flexibility and choice they need to build the future. Based in Palo Alto, Calif., VMware is committed to building a better future through the company’s 2030 agenda. For more information, go to www.vmware.com/company.
VMware, Anywhere Workspace, Explore, VMworld, Tanzu, VMware Aria, HCX+, Carbon Black, NSX, Workspace ONE and Horizon are either registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries. other jurisdictions. This article may contain hyperlinks to non-VMware websites that are created and maintained by third parties who are solely responsible for the content of such websites.
(1-3) “Multi-Cloud Maturity Research Report”, Vanson Bourne, October 2022
VMware Global Communications